Monday, August 16, 2010

Durabrite Ultra

Have you ever been in line at the grocery store and there aren’t enough cashiers so you call the store’s main number to ask if they can get some more? Well I have. I needed to go to the store. Debated between Kroger and Walmart. Decided to go with Kroger b/c it was closer. Got my basket full of goodies. Well not really goodies b/c I’m doing this no carb thing. Mom has been doing it for a month and has lost 10 lbs. No more dr. pepper. No more bread. Anyway, I get to the checkout register 10 and there is a lady with 4 bags of coupons and a basket full of items. Another lady behind her and then me. There were 4 employees at the one register trying to help the coupon lady. Now I’m not upset with the coupon lady b/c she was just trying to save a dollar. It’s the Kroger employees who made it worse b/c they couldn’t figure out all the coupons that she had. So after standing in line for about 10 min with no relief in side, I decided to call the store. Phone call went like this: “thank you for calling Kroger my name is Wanda how can I help you. (The name of the employee has been changed for protection and really b/c I couldn’t understand what she said) how can I help you. ME: hi I’m standing in line at register 10 and there are 3 other people behind me. Can you get some additional assistance. WANDA: I was on my way over there when I heard the phone ring so I’ll be there in a second. ME: ok Thank you. End conversation. Wanda never showed up, but another clerk did to help. 3 people had checked out with baskets full by the time coupon lady had finished. The morale of the story kids don’t eat lead paint.

2 comments:

  1. Ok. First, NO carbs? You're crazy!! Second, you can defend her all you want iHATE the coupon lady. You know you are going to be a distraction and a PIA so do your annoying shopping at 3 am!!!

    Ok. That's all ;) and I LOVE that you called the store. HILARIOYS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Yes, you should know this by now. 2. I admit that at first I was annoyed with coupon lady but she was more organized than the cashiers. She was buying cerel and cookies. Things I can't have.

    ReplyDelete